Senior Engineer Backend / Fullstack
RemoteZurich, Zürich, SwitzerlandProduct
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to lead our backend development as part of our small and powerful remote-first team.
Zerofy is an early-stage startup with a big mission. We just shipped our first product and completed our first funding round. We are an experienced founding team with significant expertise both in technology and renewable energy with companies such as Apple, Meta, ABB etc. You’ll be joining the founders and a small technical team. If you are looking to join an early-stage, impactful consumer product company in climate tech, this is for you!
What you’ll do:
You’ll be driving our server-side app development and in some cases full-stack development
- Lead engineering efforts for the backend to our mobile app
- Leveraging Firebase / Google Cloud infrastructure
- Architect server-side data models and processing pipelines
- Deployment and monitoring of systems
- Drive and ensure quality and performance of the backend
- Leverage machine learning services and maybe implement simpler machine learning algorithms or pipelines
- Cooperate with our mobile engineers, data scientist, and product.
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere with a fully-remote team with current presence in the US, Switzerland, Estonia, and the Ukraine
- An impactful project and a lot of responsibility
- No overhead
- The possibility to grow and shape something from the ground up
- Equity participation
- Perks & Benefits: 5 weeks of vacation, coworking space contribution, etc.
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a versatile and experienced engineer, who as collected expertise in the following areas:
- 5+ years of experience as a backend or full stack engineer
- Experience leading small teams as technical lead or manager
- Excellent architecture and data modeling skills
- Experience with Firebase as a mobile backend
- Diligence and craftsmanship
- Analytical and data-driven mindset
- Prior experience with simple machine learning or data science is a plus